Thursday, July 30, 2009

These things happen in threes...

They say bad things always happen in threes. My sister-in-law had to put her 3 year old Aussie to sleep the other day because of a severe case of IBD. It was so bad there was nothing they could find that the pup could eat and keep down. The did everything they could for her, but in the end, the Rainbow Bridge called for her.

Now I find out our good friends' German Shepherd had a case of gastric torsion and had to be rushed into surgery in the middle of the night. Basically, the stomach of certain dogs is free hanging and when it is full, if the dog gets too active, the stomach can rotate, blocking the entrance and exit, causing gas to build up. Luckily, mom was up in the middle of the night feeding the baby and immediately noticed something wrong with the dog. If torsion isn't corrected within a couple hours, it is deadly.

Let's just hope the rule of three doesn't apply here, because I do not need anything happening to my precious pooch or anyone elses!
My crazy bubba Vegas.

2 comments:

  1. Yes lets hope nothing bad happens to anyone's puppeh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your pup is okay. I love the Rainbow Bridge website, thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...