Thursday, July 23, 2009

A Mother's Love

I'm cleaning out our office today and I came across a piece of paper. Looking at today's date makes the paper even more significant. In exactly one month it will be the two year anniversary of my mother's passing. You see, on the paper was a poem I had found that I had planned to read at her funeral but that I just couldn't do because I was too emotional. Considering how emotional I have been lately, I feel the need to share it now.
A Mother's Love
Helen Steiner Rice

A Mother's love is something
that no one can explain,
It is made of deep devotion
and of sacrifice and pain,
It is endless and unselfish
and enduring come what may
For nothing can destroy it
or take that love away. . .
It is patient and forgiving
when all others are forsaking,
And it never fails or falters
even though the heard is breaking. . .
It believes beyond believing
when the world around condemns,
And it glows with all the beauty
of the rarest, brightest gems. . .
It is far beyond defining,
it defies all explanation,
And it still remains a secret
like the mysteries of creation. . .
A many splendoured miracle
man cannot understand
And another wondrous evidence
of God's tender guiding hand.

A picture of my mom and me (in our previous life.) photo cred

I heart giraffes.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely poem and I love the pic of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. RE: my credit card: No, I didn't give them any info. As I was on hold to talk to a person, I logged on to my account online and it wouldn't let me login because fraud charges and after they said they were going to close it, it was gone from my accounts! All they asked for was my name and billing zip code. I was thinking what if this is fake the whole time...I wish I could have seen it online but oh well...I'll just wait for my new card I guess! Thanks for worrying!

    ReplyDelete

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...