Sunday, July 26, 2009

The New Baby!

I'm a proud new mamma!

Yesterday we put to rest Bessie. It was bittersweet, as I really hated that bitch for a good part of her existence but really wanted to treat her well the other part because, well, she was paid for and I liked not having a car payment. But she must have sensed my underlying resentment and did what all cars do faced with that situation, she hit me where it hurt - my pocketbook.

Let me tell you, a true test of a marriage is dealing with each other during the purchase of a car. If you can make it through the suckage-of-life that is the games the dealership plays, than you can just about make it through any marital crisis.
So yesterday we spent over 4 hours at the dealership waiting to put Bessie to rest. The question was, what was she worth? Luckily we got for her just about what it would have cost to repair her, so I'm happy. She really was an old cow, down in her years, ready to be put to pasture, as the saying goes...

And after signing our life away, this is what the proud parents drove home in...

photo credit

We even had time to drive to the forest and park it along a river just to get a beautiful picture of her! Ha! That's the color, too, Glacier Blue. Basically I have owned blue or silver cars, so why break the pattern now?

Hubby had only one request. He said, please do not name her after a cow.

Now what am I going to do? Any suggestions?

4 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous! Congrats! New cars smell so awesome, and I love not having to worry about them or my safety.
    Howabout Blue, or Ice Ice Baby lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I did a lot of worrying with the last car, so it's nice to have piece of mind! Thanks for the ideas on names - I'm going to have to ponder for a bit and see what fits her :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking car and I love the backdrop! Names for your car...I like Ice...short, sweet, intimidating and to the point!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the car looks like a Lucy, but then so did my dog before I named her Nessa!
    Nice set of wheels!! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...