Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Make Me Laugh


The reason for the Nebraska trip was two-fold - Hubby was in a comedy contest finals and it was our five year anniversary! Back in April he had tried out for the Great American Comedy Festival and made it to the finals as an amateur comedian. As part of the festival, the amateurs performed on Tuesday night, and then the professionals performed on Wednesday and Thursday with the selected winners of their groups going to the finals on Friday. There were 24 professional "up and comers" as there were tagged, but out of them, Kevin has worked with several and we have had the opportunity to get to know them over the years.


It was really funny because in his set on Tuesday night, Kevin mentioned that our 5 year anniversary would be on Friday, and I cannot begin to tell you how many people remembered! Strangers came up to us and would wish us a happy anniversary! That's how small towns are, I guess! It was a bit shocking, but nice at the same time. Heck, I have family members that don't even remember my anniversary, but the whole town of Norfolk, NE seemed to!


Of the comedians that performed, it was great to see some old favorites:



If you ever get a chance to go to a comedy show and see any of these guys, don't hesitate, it will be well worth the money.

More on Nebraska when I get some more time - I am off to dinner with a girlfriend - sushi here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...