Tuesday, June 2, 2009

School's Out for Summer

Summer vacation has finally arrived! What to do with my time - or should I say, my two months, since we go back on August 3? What ever happened to summer vacation being June, July and August? Before we know it, children will be going to school year-round. Hopefully I will be up for retirement by then.

I will have a huge list of things to accomplish this summer. Number one being getting this place packed and getting the new house remodeled. I cannot WAIT to be out of a condo and into a house with a yard my dog to run around in. I just feel that there are so many things I am missing by not owning a house, one of which is not having to hear my neighbor's three year old boy play superman off the sofa and feel the adjoining wall shake and rattle every time he lands. Another thing that I am looking forward to is having a yard to take care of, flowers and shrubs to tend to; a back yard to grill in, since we can't grill on our deck at our condo due to insurance regulation BS. The best part of this house --- it was the one I grew up in! My dad is selling it to us for a steal, and we are going to fix it up the way we want it so it's more 'ours' and less 'my childhood home' before we move in.

I have a lot on my plate for this summer, but along with getting both of these homes ready, I'm still itching to be creative. I want to take pictures, I want to paint - which I don't do at all, I want to make jewelry, I want to scrapbook, you name it - I want to do it. I wish there was a Creative St. Louis Club where you could come out once a week and try something new and meet new people. That would be so cool!

1 comment:

  1. We have alot in common, I also live in the house I grew in! I have completely redone it to my taste, and I love living here!

    ReplyDelete

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...