Friday, May 29, 2009

The Photo Album

I was creative today. Actually, I have been creative for several weeks now, working on a photo book for my friend. Her in-laws will be celebrating their 50th anniversary and she asked that I help redo their wedding album with my sister, who is a huge scrapbooker (even had her own store at one time.) Well, after thinking about it for some time, I thought that doing a book on Shutterfly would be a better idea. That way all of their kids (9 of them) and the gazillion grandchildren they have could then get a copy of the wedding pictures if they chose to. There would be a copy of every single picture from Grandma and Grandpa's wedding album in it and it would be bound just like a regular book. My sister made one for our family of my mother's recipes and pictures after my mom passed away. It is absolutely beautiful and amazing to have the copies of Mom's recipes and pictures of her right next to them all bound in one place. So the idea was the same for my friend and her family - along with, of course, putting the original pictures in a photo-archival book for preservation. This way there won't be daughters fighting down the road over who gets to have 'mom and dad's wedding album' when they pass because they basically all can have a copy if they should chose to buy it. I'm actually surprised by how reasonably priced it is as well.

I am happy to see the final product and to know that my friend and her sisters-in-law really like the looks of it. It makes me feel like I have accomplished something in the creative world, (all by myself) and that's what I've been itching to do lately.

1 comment:

  1. I loooove making photo books. I made one for my sister in law for her high school graduation and it was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...