Wednesday, May 27, 2009

When I grow up I want to be...

I am 37 years old and I have been a teacher for 15 of those years. I am still trying to decide what I want to be when I grow up! See, I still feel that I'm not a grown up - in my head I view myself to still be a kid; well, maybe a teenager or in my very early 20s. But by no means am I just 3 years away from turning 40! That's preposterous! Ridiculous! Absurd! When did all this maturing and growing up happen? When did my dream jobs escape me? Was it when I was busy starting my career, earning a living, finding my first home, my true love, and so on? Does life get in the way so much that we forget to live it the way we always wanted? I guess in my case, it may have. I always have dreams of being a famous artist or photographer and I dabble in this at times, but nothing that would ever let me replace my current career with my dream career?

I wonder - what's stopping me?

More to explore at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...