Friday, August 7, 2009

Taking Stock of What is Important

I only have a moment to update, but I wanted to share what has gone on in the past couple days. On Tuesday evening, our condo suffered a fire. The kitchen is destroyed and there is smoke damage throughout the remainder. We are staying with my sister for the meantime, but eventually will be placed in an extended - stay hotel. We are all safe and no one suffered any injury (besides emotional) and that is the most important thing. Stuff can be replaced - people and pets cannot.

I just want to tell everyone to take stock of what is important and to remember that the divine works to grant your wishes in the strangest ways. I have been saying for months now that I need to simplify my home and life, but I didn't plan on doing it this way. The old adage goes - "be careful what you wish for as it just might come true." But the Lord does not give you that which you cannot handle, and we will pull through this just fine.

Hug your loved ones close! (and make sure you have enough insurance!!!!)

Angie

4 comments:

  1. Holy crap!?! What happened? I'm glad everyone was okay. You're right though...this is one way to simplify!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is so scary. Thank God everyone is ok. It's like I always say, everything happens for a reason. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just checking in to see how you were doing?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'm curious what you have to say, so please leave me a note...